Diwali is one of the most joyful festivals celebrated by most people irrespective of religion all over India. Now let’s see some’s and Don’ts for enjoying a safer happy Diwali here.
DO’S DIWALI TIPS
- Make sure to burst the crackers in a wide open space and make sure there are no combustible or inflammatory products around to avoid firing.
- Do read the instructions given on the label of all the crackers you buy individually, as there are different varieties of crackers available in the markets and each of them has its properties, and safety instructions may vary.
- While bursting crackers always wear a safe outfit to avoid mishaps and clean the surface area without any stone pieces around so that it would not hurt or slip you when you run back after firing the crackers.
- Do provide your kids with gloves and eyeglasses to avoid sparks and make sure to wear the glasses properly without falling down.
- Once purchasing the crackers store them in a safer place, in an air-tight container, and keep them away from any other inflammatory products.
- Kids and adults with respiratory disorders must be under proper supervision while bursting the crackers to avoid health discomforts.
- While bursting high-volume crackers kids can be given cotton rolls to be plugged into the ears to avoid irritation.
- Lightweight slippers/sandals are highly advisable to prevent falling or hurting legs from burnt crackers.
- A big bin can be placed at the place around to dispose of the fired cracker boxes and matches which would make the post-cleaning work easier.
- Always stay a little away from the crackers after firing and enjoy them from a distance.
DONT’S FOR A HAPPY DIWALI
- Don’t encourage or let the kids enjoy bursting the crackers on hand.
- Don’t choose the spots where the electric or current posts are nearby.
- Don’t keep the cracker boxes near the candle or diyas that you use to light up the fireworks.
- Never throw the half-burnt crackers as they may hurt others or may get in touch with inflammatory products around.
- Don’t wear long and loose dresses or any fancy kind of silk and synthetic materials as they may catch fire easily
- Don’t ever try playing with crackers on any animals for fun.
- Don’t try to check or touch or retry with the failed crackers. Just dispose of them away to avoid unwanted mishaps.
- Don’t use small matchboxes or lighters to ignite the crackers instead make use of the long incense sticks that are available in the cracker shops themselves.
- Don’t choose congested areas or highly traffic-prone areas to burn the crackers as it would be disturbing the trespassers.
- Don’t gang up while burning the crackers. Maintain proper distancing while cracking to avoid injuries.
FOLLOW THE TIPS AND ENJOY A HAPPY, SAFER, SOCIAL DISTANCING, CORONA-FREE DIWALI!!