Create a Soothing and Aromatic Atmosphere with DIY Gel Candles
Long and tiring days can be made better with the soothing ambiance of candlelight and the refreshing fragrance it brings to the room. Aromatic candles make the perfect gifts for all occasions, and among the varieties available, gel candles are the latest trend. This blog will guide you through making a simple gel candle of your own with just a few materials.
- A wine glass
- Gel candle wax
- Wick (appropriate for the size of glass)
- Embellishments (pebbles, small sea shells, and cloth roses)
- Colors (red and yellow)
- Fragrance (raspberry)
- Melting resources – a melting pot, stove (heating source), stirrer, and towels
- Choose a clean wine glass of any shape and keep it aside.
- Take the wick and make a knot at one end. String a nut onto the wick and drag it near the knot. Drop the wick into the glass with the knot and nut resting on the floor of the wine glass.
- Add embellishments to the wine glass according to your theme. For an ocean romance theme, add pebbles, small sea shells, and cloth roses.
- Melt a block of gel candle wax slowly in a melting pot, stirring it for an even tone and to avoid bubbles. Do not overheat as it is hazardous.
- Add fragrance (raspberry) and stir it slowly.
- Add the color (red) and stir to get an even finish.
- Take the hot melting pot with a towel and slowly pour the melted wax into the prepped wine glass to avoid bubbles.
- Let the gel wax settle and cool by air drying it.
- Your gel wax candle is ready! Enjoy a beautiful candlelit dinner with your loved one with your DIY aromatic gel candle. These candles can also be tied with a cute ribbon and gifted for all occasions.
With just a few steps, you can create a soothing and aromatic atmosphere with your very own DIY gel candle.